The Executive Committee is pleased to announce the Call for Abstracts of a wide variety of interdisciplinary and theoretical perspective outlining their work associated with the following themes:
- OTEC Technology / Research Resource Assessment
- Finance / Policy / Social Considerations
- Economical and costs
- Ongoing Projects
- Environmental Considerations
- Other Seawater Uses: Sea Water Air Conditioning (SWAC), Desalinated Water, Deep Ocean Water Applications (DOWA), etc.)
Language: The abstract should be in English (abstracts cannot exceed 500 words title excluded). All abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee who will grade them for inclusion at the Symposium.
Submissions will be selected through a peer review panel on the basis of scientific merit and relevance of findings.
1. Download the abstract template Word file here.
2. Abstract Submission: Create an extended abstract in PDF and attach it to an email with subject line: Abstract Submission [include Theme Area and speaker name] and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Submissions
Abstracts were sent no later than 23:00 h (GMT-5) on November 30th, 2020.This is an extension from the original deadline. Accordingly, no additional Abstracts are accepted
The Local committee will notify the Abstract acceptance and the presentation type on December 15th – 30th, 2020, Cancun, Mexico time.
1. Oral Presentations
Presentations should be in PowerPoint or equivalent format, in English.
Oral presentation lengths are 10 minutes and 5 minutes for a short discussion/Q&A
2. Poster Presentations
Posters should be no larger than A0 size (880 x1170 mm poster area), in English.
• Final Abstract Submission Deadline: November 30th, 2020
• Notification of Abstract acceptance: December 15th – 31th, 2020
• Final Presentation or Poster Submission Deadline: December 31th, 2020
• Authors registration fees deadline: January 15th, 2021